My boyfriend and I attend different colleges, so when we visit each other on the weekends, we really make our dates count. We go all out. Dinners, dances, parties, etc. Tonight, we’re attending a show that my friend is performing in, and then going to an after-show party later in the evening. I wanted to do a look that was pretty but still comfortable and easy to create.
For my perfect date night makeup, I like to do a more natural look with a little smoke around the eyes. This look is super easy and can be created in about 8-10 minutes.
- Start with a cream base like a bb cream or cc cream for a light, airy finish.
- Fill in brows using an eyebrow pencil that matches your brows. Even if that color doesn’t match the hair that grows out of your head, it will look way more natural if you match the actual brow color.
- To make a simple smoky eye: Sweep a powder eyeshadow that is a couple shades darker than your skin all over the lid and just underneath the eyes as well. Next, tightline your eyes with a black or dark brown eyeliner (I like to use a soft, mechanical pencil because it’s easy to smudge). Then, dip a small shadow brush into a dark eyeshadow (I use black) and apply the color on top of the eyeliner. As you apply the dark eyeshadow, pull gently upwards towards your crease to smudge the liner and shadow. Lastly, add a shimmery highlight color that is one or two shades lighter than your skin to your browbone and the inner corners of the eyes.
- After you finish the eyes, complete the look with a bright, powder blush swept from the cheekbones out towards your ears.
- A light application of pink gloss is the finishing touch!
- Start with a comfortable dress that is long enough that you won’t be tugging it down over and over, but tight enough to show off your curves. Cinch in the waist with a belt. If you have a dress in a bright color — like red — that will make it all the better.
- Pair the dress with pumps or sandals with a low heel. This will allow you to feel more attractive and confident without sacrificing comfort. Again, if you have shoes in a bright color, its all the better!
- Keep accessories simple! Too many accessories can distract from a look that is meant to look elegant and pretty. Opt for just one piece of statement jewelry and an understated hairstyle.